Friday, February 11, 2011

Juggling

I probably won't know what happened last night until tomorrow.
Roc is home---sleeping---all good just because I know where he is...home safe.
But our schedules go a little something like this: I'm up now, getting ready for work. I work until about 1pm, then cruise home, and Roc will probably just be hopping out of the shower when I get here. We'll have enough time for pleasantries; perhaps a quick exchange of information, and then he's off. We can't talk while he's at work. Even if I stay up until he gets home tonight, he will only want sleep at that hour.
So sometime Saturday morning, I hope to hear about what went down in SoB. But by then we'll have two days to cover. And then he'll have to leave to go to work.

I'm sure there's more than a few of you out there who can relate to this scenario. It would be nice to know it's not just me...!

2 comments:

  1. I empathize with having opposite schedules but he can't send a quick text stating what happened anytime during his shift? or maybe a quick phone call on meal?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Erica:
    We text whenever he/we can, but phone calls are generally frowned upon and he can't always call.
    Plus, you know how it is: nothing is as real or as good as an eye-to-eye/heart-to-heart.
    :) SCW Stella

    ReplyDelete

 
Law Enforcement News Powered by PoliceOne.com