Tuesday, February 15, 2011

A Moment to Breathe

I've got more than a minute; I've got a moment.
To Breathe.
After the week from hell last week, Roc has several training days scheduled this week and it gives him a moment to breathe. To perhaps not be so hyper vigilant; to think thoughts through before another call comes across the radio. Maybe he'll even have a chance to eat an entire meal uninterrupted.
I won't be doing any one thing while my mind begins to wander, wondering when was the last time I received a text? I won't have to debate watching the evening news. I can stay late at my class tonight without worrying about the dog.
It's funny; I don't often think about how my life is edged in by all that we do, by the life that he chose. I only notice it when I have a moment to breathe.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Law Enforcement News Powered by PoliceOne.com