Thursday, September 1, 2011

Good Night Irene

I feel like Dorothy, but I must say that There's no place like Home.
We moved back in yesterday, and we are grateful, because it could have been far worse in our little corner of the world. This storm was so strange; there are pockets in and around New York City that were positively combed over, while other areas are devastated. I know that there are still a ton of people without power on Long Island, Westchester County, as well as New Jersey and Connecticut. For those of you not familiar with the NYC area: these are the areas that surround the city. The city was left largely unscathed, and yet the surrounding areas were trounced...? I think it was not what anybody had in mind at the onset of the storm.
Right now I am catching up on laundry and all the things that take up time in daily life. I promise to get back to more Cop Wife stories...tomorrow.
In the meantime, I hope all is well in your little corner of the world.


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Law Enforcement News Powered by PoliceOne.com