Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Freak Storm

For those of you outside of the New York City area: we just suffered a freak October snowstorm that dumped over a foot of snow in some areas.
For those of you within the Tri-State: UGH! AAHH! NO! It's too early!!

Last Winter, we had a real, old-fashioned Winter, in which case we got socked with storm after storm and too many blizzards to count. It left me still fearing snow in late Spring and clinging onto Summer like a drowning man hanging on to a rope.
I had a little conversation with God: can you please see to it that this year's a little bit easier?

Apparently, God has been busy with more important things, like wars across the globe. We got dumped with over a foot of snow. We lost power. Can I say...again...because the whole Hurricane Irene thing seems like yesterday. After getting a massive headache from either lack of caffeine or frigid temperatures inside my humble abode, I decided to pack up and move over to the In-laws for a couple of days. It ended up being about 48 hours, which was fine by me, but there are still people in my area without power and several schools are closed for a second day today. The town that I reside in even tried a lame attempt at calling off Halloween, which didn't work, as evidenced by the ghouls and various Super-Heroes crowding my door last night.

On the way over to my in-laws the other day, I saw a Snowman with a witch hat on.

I think I'll have another talk with God tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Law Enforcement News Powered by PoliceOne.com