Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Torn Apart

The worst part of this dreadful time was that I was torn apart from my Grandparents. Initially, my grandparents had gently warned against her marrying the Terrorist; eventually their admonition turned to threats, as they were probably scared and knew no other way.
My mother simply gambled wrong; the bigger issue of course was that she gambled with my life.
I was hiding behind a door one day as my Grandfather was listing his reasons for getting out of the hopeless relationship she was in; I heard everything, and was silently cheering him on. But then my mother threw the dice:
"You either accept him...or you will never see Stella again."
I did not see my grandparents for five long years.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Law Enforcement News Powered by PoliceOne.com