Wednesday, April 10, 2013

The End?

I may have been embarrassed to be ending my marriage so soon, but I was determined to get out and move on because I was not about to waste my life. I had spent enough time watching my mother waste hers.
Now, don't get me wrong: Roc was in no way abusive, he wasn't doing drugs, and in truth, that is probably not a fair comparison.
I just wanted the pain to end.
At the time, I really couldn't tell you why our marriage had devolved so quickly. We were fighting all the time, and neither one of us could put our finger on how it all went wrong, just that it did. I figured it was probably better to own up to our mistake and make a quick exit, rather than stay in a situation that obviously wasn't working for either one of us.
We chose counseling instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Law Enforcement News Powered by PoliceOne.com