Monday, September 10, 2018

Nice to See

We went to an amusement park this past weekend; a quick trip, a short getaway, a moment to see my kid's face light up...well worth the price of admission.
After we had already parked, we noticed this sign up closer to the front entrance, and I felt compelled to take a picture.
It was nice to see.
Nice to see in a country so divided that we've forgotten who the Super Heroes are.
Nice to see days before we are reminded, yet again, of those who gave their lives for our freedoms.
Those Super Heroes that are now and forever frozen in time...they'll never get older, they'll never feel what the rest of us are already feeling...the dread hanging over this space in time...tomorrow...a day we can't dismiss, or forget, or take away from.
I know I'll shed my share of tears tomorrow. Being so close to the event that changed us all forever, I find it impossible not to feel some sense of reverence, as well as a hefty dose of nostalgia, for the way things once were.
I pray that you will remember the Super Heroes.
I know I'll be thinking about them all day.
#NYPDFamily

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Law Enforcement News Powered by PoliceOne.com