Friday, July 16, 2010

Fine

I think it pretty much can be said that the term Fine means not Fine...it's almost code for "Everything sucks, but I don't want to elaborate."

By the time I saw Roc that night, everything was "Fine."

"You okay?" I snuck a look at him across the table. He was pushing his food into his mouth, but I don't think he was tasting it.

"I'm fine."

"What did you tell your parents and everyone at work?" I was playing with my napkin, ripping it into tiny little pieces.

"Nothing. I told them we had the day off."

"And they believed that?!" I asked incredulously. I mean, I would have to guess that his parents really didn't know anything about the program, if they actually believed that load of crap. The NYPD doesn't give you even one day off while in the Academy---actually, I think they do give Christmas Day---but that's it. Of course, they're not about to give you a day off in your first or second week!

"I guess."

"You okay?"

"I'm fine."

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Law Enforcement News Powered by PoliceOne.com