Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Home Sweet Home

The day we went to pick up our little doggy girl, I was so excited I was about to burst. Roc, my tough guy who works in SoB, was just about as bad.
The woman who was fostering our little one also had several Havanese of her own. The minute we rang the bell to the house, we heard a cacophony of sound as six little doggies began barking and running towards the door. The door swung open and we were accosted by paws and licks, trying desperately to shout a greeting over the rush of sound. There were two dogs there that were the same color as the dog's picture I had from the email, and at first, I wasn't sure which one was mine. I petted them all, and then the amazing Foster Mom said, "That one's yours."
She rolled over and demanded a belly rub, gazing at me with love in her eyes. I was smitten.
Of course, she was smitten by Roc. (She still is to this day, by the way, the two of them have a little love affair going on...) We became an instant family.
On the way home---to her new home---we imagined how scared she must be; this was her fourth home, and although it would turn out to be her forever home---she didn't know that yet.
The minute we pulled into the driveway, she began barking, then ran us outside for a while, as she was full of unspent energy.
We led her inside and after touring the whole house, she promptly took a ceremonious dump right on the rug.

2 comments:

  1. Hi! I found your blog through Mrs. Fuzz and I've enjoyed reading your blog so far. I'm not a cop wife but I'm dating a cop.

    Anyways, just had to comment since you've rescued a Havanese. My cop has a Havanese and he's just the cutest little thing! I think too that was the first thing he did in the house was a ceremonious poo. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love hearing about others who have a Havanese! I can't tell you how many times I get the question: "What kind of dog is that? A Habanero? What?!"
    :)
    They really are the greatest...God Bless!
    XO Stella

    ReplyDelete

 
Law Enforcement News Powered by PoliceOne.com