Monday, August 2, 2010

A New Addition

Somebody commented that taking on the dog was the bigger change...in some ways it was! I had never had a dog before, so I read about 20-30 books while I was waiting, but as we all know...books are not the same as real life.

In the meantime, Roc and I were trying hard to keep the lines of communication open. We talked a lot about how it would be: when we got the dog, with him in the Academy. I offered to step into the business once again, if needed. We tried to cover all the bases.

And then suddenly I got an email. They think they found a match! A new rescue had come in, she was being fostered in Connecticut. I saw her picture and fell in love. When could I come and pick her up?! Well, it ended up that there was a few things I needed to do first; things like an interview and a home inspection, before I could be cleared to adopt. Okay! I was ready!

The focus had shifted to the dog and it was a good thing for both of us. After all, there was nothing we could do about the NYPD at this point except wait. So we got excited about our New Addition. I began shopping: toys, a dog bed, clothes, food, and treats. I thought about all the fun things we were going to do together. I imagine it's something like having a baby; I couldn't wait for her to just get to me...to come home, and join our family.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Law Enforcement News Powered by PoliceOne.com