Monday, September 20, 2010

Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving Day dawned bright, clear, and crisp. I was running around like a turkey with my head cut off, pardon the pun, when Roc left to go pick up Vic at the train. He arrived and I spied on him from the window as I worked hard to do my hair which was sure to wilt with the first opening of the oven.
The usual cast of characters were coming for dinner: my in-laws, my mom, and Vic. Plus puppy girl.
"Oh, you already have a puppy!" Vic exclaimed as we greeted him. Apparently, the imbeciles at the Academy had told Vic that in America the tradition was to bring a small puppy as a gift when attending a dinner as a guest.
We dispelled the rumor and then proceeded to the important things like dinner. As we talked to Vic we soon found out that things were the same the world over; people were people and traditions were similar. He ate as if he was going to the electric chair in the morning, which made my heart swell. As an Italian, this was a compliment of the highest order.

A quick shout-out to the Martha's Vineyard PD: you guys rock and roll!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Law Enforcement News Powered by PoliceOne.com