Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Midnights and the Holidays

The one saving grace of the midnight shift was the Holidays: even though Roc had to work Thanksgiving that year, he worked from Midnight until 8am...then came home and slept...woke up to Turkey Dinner...then went back into work.
Not ideal, but better than this year, where I will bid him farewell about 2pm and try and wait up for his return around midnight.
Of course, not one to miss out on the Big Bird, we are having Thanksgiving Dinner tomorrow---Wednesday---as Roc is off and I took off, hoping to have some semblance of normalcy in our lives.
I intend to drink some wine, listen to the relatives whine, and smile to myself...knowing that we are blessed, even though we're short on time.

1 comment:

  1. I have always believed that holidays are when we make them. I simply do not care what the calendar says. We've had birthday a month later, we've had Christmas in July (before a deployment) and holidays a day or too later all the time. I've never felt that it was "second best" or that we were "making do". Glad you're seeing that the only thing that REALLY matters is celebrating on YOUR schedule.

    Gobble gobble gobble!

    ReplyDelete

 
Law Enforcement News Powered by PoliceOne.com