Thursday, January 27, 2011

Buried under the Snow



We have been pummeled with snow here in the NYC area; I can honestly say that I haven't seen snow like this since I was a little kid. Last night, we got another foot of snow!

Roc was working a 4-12 last night and was hoping to do a mutual with one of the midnight guys. What that means is that he works straight through (someone else's midnight shift) and then that person goes in for him tonight, working his 4-12.
It usually works out well in extreme weather, because Roc's already in, and the other person doesn't want to battle the elements in order to get there. Last night he couldn't get a hold of anyone, so he ended up coming home in the height of the storm, which was about midnight. The roads were treacherous, so the usual hour or so turned into a two hours (plus) drive home.

I waited up for him, checking out the window every so often when I heard the plow. After a while, I actually had to laugh out loud. It occurred to me that when I'm not worried about him being IN SoB, I'm worried about him driving home from there.

C'est la vie!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Law Enforcement News Powered by PoliceOne.com