Thursday, February 17, 2011

A Contradiction of Sorts

I am a Contradiction of sorts; I am the type of woman that loves fiercely and hates completely. The things you think I'll like...well, don't assume.

I hate my husband's job. I wish our lives were easier. But I am proud as hell; and God help you if you say a disparaging thing about the NYPD or cops in general in front of me.

I eat a salad almost every day of my life. But every so often I need something fried and a beer; chased by something fattening that includes peanut butter.

I hate most of the music on the radio today. My favorite sounds are the lush soul stirrings of Philly Soul and the Motown Sound. I am a modern white woman who loves old black music. To me, there is nothing better than the O'Jays, The Spinners, The Delfonics, Patti LaBelle, The Temptations, and The Four Tops.

My kid brother calls me an old fart; I prefer to think of myself as an old soul.

1 comment:

  1. Go look at an old fashioned "scales of justice". See how it's balanced? Feelings are like that. Whatever you feel one direction, you have to be able to feel the other direction. I'm the same way. So when you hear people say they ADORE their spouse and NEVER wanna crack 'em upside the head with a shoe, just remember the balance thing - it is IMPOSSIBLE to "Love fiercely" without the polar opposite.

    That's what I tell all those lovey-dovey chicks who NEVER hate their husband and profess absolute adoration. ;)

    Off to listen to some Metallica and then anything Baroque. Might throw in some reggaeton directly before Hank Williams senior. :) Peace chica!!!

    ReplyDelete

 
Law Enforcement News Powered by PoliceOne.com