Monday, May 30, 2011

Happy Memorial Day



I want to wish a Happy Memorial Day to all those who served or are serving today...your service will never go unnoticed by a certain woman who saw her city attacked almost ten years ago.

Thank You.

In addition to that, I would like to point out something that so few people are aware of or take time to consider. If you've been with me since the beginning, or joined recently and went back to read, you know that Rocco was once a part of a volunteer police force in the county that we live in; similar to an auxiliary cop, but in his case not the same. Either way, I can't begin to tell you how many years he worked Memorial Day Parades for our county: volunteering his time to help out when the local police force was stretched to the limit, and doing it with a smile in ninety-degree heat. I'm not sure if your local town or city has an additional volunteer or auxiliary force, but if they do...thank them too. Be nice to them today. I'm speaking directly to some of the full-time cops who I know read me on the regular...not every one of those guys is some Ya-Ha who couldn't get into the Academy, and couldn't hack it as a "real" police officer. Most Peace Officers do it because they love law enforcement but have family obligations where they can't do it full-time, or they are concerned citizens who have found a way they like to serve. I can't tell you how many of the "real" cops wouldn't give Roc the time of day when he was part-time, but now that he's NYPD, they look at him in awe.

We are going to a friend's house for a BBQ later. The reason they are having a late BBQ is because he is volunteering with a small-town police force, helping with traffic control for the Parade. I think it's a noble thing; I thought so years ago when hubby did it, and I just want to give those guys and gals some props too.

However you serve...thank you...you make the world a safer place.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Law Enforcement News Powered by PoliceOne.com