Friday, June 10, 2011

A Dream Deferred

I believe in God and I don't believe in coincidence. If you've been reading my blog, you've probably figured that out by now...but the thing that still amazes me is that God knows even the smallest things about you, and He loves us enough to get us to the place where our dreams eventually do come true.

Don't believe it? That's okay---either you're just not there yet, or we'll agree to disagree. But here's the rub: I had a dream about performing in the eighth grade and it wasn't my time. I carried that still, silent, and sometimes buried dream with me and somehow felt compelled to act on it when I was well past thirty years old. There were times I had even forgotten about my initial desire; I buried myself in books and movies, and dreamed about doing it better. Time passed and then all of the sudden I was reminded about something I always wanted to try; more time passed and something I was just doing for fun became something I am compelled to share.

What dreams have you been holding onto?

Jeremiah 29:11 “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.” (NIV)

I say get out there: hold your dreams out to God, and then take one step.
One step at a time...and then suddenly, your dream might just come true!

3 comments:

  1. Agreed! And Jer 29:11 is one of my favorite scriptures. I'm also involved in the performing arts (vocalist) and rather curious what you were performing! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What I am doing is a night of storytelling...it's basically a one-woman show, in which case I do all the voices, all the characters myself...it's been a real challenge but I am loving it so far...!
    :) SCW Stella

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous! Break a leg!

    ReplyDelete

 
Law Enforcement News Powered by PoliceOne.com