Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Some Real Drama

I realize that some of you might be asking: where are all the Cop Stories?!
Bear with me; I'm getting there...and as I promised, it will be worth the wait!

Ever take an acting class? It was unlike what I had pictured, and was so new to me that at first, I felt as if I was standing outside myself watching myself do something foreign, and I wanted very much to run screaming from the room.
The other half of me was soaking it all in and loving every minute of it.
I decided to stick with it. After ten weeks I signed up again. I loved it. It was like therapy; I finally had a safe space to emote about everything, and I never missed a class.

So you can imagine how devastated I was when my Coach decided to end the class. She had a child in need and she needed to close out this particular workshop. I was sad beyond words. She invited me to try her NYC class, which she was still going to be able to hold, and encouraged me to continue.

I thought about it, but decided quickly against it. I knew her NYC class had real actors and actresses in it; people who went on auditions and were on and off Broadway on a fairly regular basis. There was no way I could be a part of that crowd...I was still playing...so I stayed away and got busy with other things.

But I missed it. I really, really missed it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Law Enforcement News Powered by PoliceOne.com