Monday, April 16, 2012

A Friendly Rivalry

People love to talk to me off-blog about the things they think or would want to say; I always ask why they don't use the Comments section, but in the case of those who know me...I think they like the idea of going directly to the source.
So there was a little bit of concern about the Rescue Me piece; was I trying to say that cops like ticketing firefighters? Absolutely not. It was more about the rivalry; the unspoken that goes on between The Finest and The Bravest in NYC. Even when it came to 9/11.
The truth is that the NYPD and the FDNY work together on a regular basis, and my understanding is that they work well together. They each have sports teams, and the ongoing rivalry helps make those games interesting. I'm quite sure that there are members of each organization that think that their job is harder/tougher/more important, etc. but isn't that true about just about anyone?

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Law Enforcement News Powered by PoliceOne.com