Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Isolation

I can only speak for myself, but I have a sneaking suspicion that a lot of Cop's Wives isolate themselves from others from time to time. Friends and family, neighbors that say the wrong things, the insensitivity of the Media...these are just a couple of examples of how the public gets it wrong. And it's hard. It's hard to explain to someone how you're scared when you're barely willing to give voice to it yourself. It's hard to handle the things that break around the house, the kids, the family drama, you name it...on your own. You're married, but you're alone. A lot. And they just don't get it. "They" can be anyone; the feelings that push you to isolate are often to your detriment, but you might sometimes wallow in them anyway, because it feels good to have a moment to feel sorry for yourself. Let's face it; we've all been there. Yours truly included. That's why I developed my Show. I decided to give a voice to all of us who sit on the sidelines waiting for their loved ones to come home, in one piece, and become that other half that makes a whole. If you have a friend or relative that you've tried to express this to, and they still don't get it...take them to my show. There are still great seats left available and I would love to see you there. My understanding is that White Plains, NY is just a hop, skip, and a jump from several places in the Tri-state. Come on out, and let the art speak when there are no words.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Law Enforcement News Powered by PoliceOne.com