Tuesday, August 14, 2012

So Many Things

There are so many things going on at once right now that I'm going to comment briefly on each to the best of my ability and then open this up for some comments.
First of all, if you want to read a great article on the Times Square shooting that happened over the weekend in NYC, head on over to the SCW Facebook Page. I commented there but will do the same here: the NYPD is Damned if they Do/Damned if they Don't. Had they not shot the knife-wielding-high-as-a-kite-emotionally-disturbed-person in Times Square the other day and had that person hurt someone...they would have never heard the end of it. It's that simple.
The general consensus in the Law Enforcement Community right now is "suicide by cop."

My heart goes out to the family of the slain Texas constable, Brian Bachmann, who happens to be the sixth law enforcement official killed so far this year in Texas.

I am still waiting to hear from Our City Comptroller, Mr. John C. Liu.
I am also continuing to exhort all NYC Mayoral Candidates for 2013 to go for a ride-along with the NYPD; preferably in one of our more dicey neighborhoods. I don't think anyone who can or will enact policy for the NYPD should be unaware of what really happens out there on the street.

The London 2012 Olympic Games have closed. I am saddened by this, although I might actually be getting some more sleep now that I am not continually drawn in to the sport and spectacle. I anxiously await the Winter Games in 2014, and the Summer Games in Rio.

And on a personal note...Roc got a call the other night from a lady who doesn't like who her 16-year-old daughter is dating...so she asked for a police report.
Roc's one-word text just about summed it up: Unbelievable. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Law Enforcement News Powered by PoliceOne.com