Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Judge Judy

Since Roc works mostly at night, I decided early on to try and take clients and classes in the evening as much as possible so that we would have at least some opportunity to see each other, for breakfast if not dinner. Most weekdays I can be found packing a bag full of stuff I need for the gym in my downstairs; while doing so, I often leave the TV on for noise, so I can listen to a little news or just catch a few minutes of something funny  before I leave. I must say that I think I hit the jackpot yesterday.

For whatever reason, my television was tuned to the channel that carries the irascible Judge Judith Sheindlin. Judge Judy is a fellow New Yorker, so I often find her entertaining, if not technically perfect. Yesterday on the Judge Judy episode I caught, a  policeman is accused of being rude and disrespectful by a reckless driver. The cop is suing the punk driver for five thousand dollars. This, of course, piqued my interest, because the NYPD is notorious for entertaining the complaints of people that are high on drugs citizens of New York City. Plus, the cell phone/video phone society that has taken over every aspect of life lends itself to perps and non-perps alike constantly filming cops, posting video, making complaints, and then insisting that they deserve at least seven million dollars from NYC because a cop sneezed during an arrest. 

But I digress. 

The good news is that the cop in this instance made a recording of the traffic stop. As the incident is played in court, Judge Judy basically does everything but stand up and scream, "LIAR, LIAR, PANTS ON FIRE!!" 

The claim was totally bogus, the truth was found out, and there was a personal trainer found indulging in one very guilty pleasure right before she left for work. I think I may have even left whistling; it was just so nice to be able to hear an unfounded claim play itself out and see the good guys win.

Thanks, Judge Judy. Any interest in coming back to New York?

Although I couldn't find the footage online in its entirety, check out this clip from the official Judge Judy website. And did anyone else see this besides me?    

http://www.judgejudy.com/archives/2012-09-17

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Law Enforcement News Powered by PoliceOne.com