Friday, March 22, 2013

Young Love

He had a job that required a whole lot of travel, but I didn't care.
And the truth was that everything revolved around his career, but I didn't care.
I would go visit, and I would think about moving to be with him.
I just wanted to be with him, and I didn't care about very much else. Any dreams I held seemed secondary, because in truth, he was about to fulfill some of my dreams: he was going to take me away from the madness, and I was ready and willing to follow him to the ends of the Earth if need be...we talked about marriage and having kids, and in his mind, these two things always seemed to go hand in hand.
At the time, I didn't care. I wanted him, and therefore, I wanted what he wanted.
Or so I thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Law Enforcement News Powered by PoliceOne.com