Thursday, April 4, 2013

An Item

We were a few months in when I started slowly revealing things about my life that I felt he needed to know in order to have the total picture of what it might be like if we continued down the same road together.
I told him about The Terrorist. I gave him a brief overview of my most traumatic years. We talked about my prior engagement. I warned him about certain crazy family members. He returned the favor and filled me in on his deep dark secrets.
He stuck around. We stuck together. We let the relationship unfold as naturally as possible. He met my best friend Kate. She approved. My Grandmother liked him. That was about all I needed.
By that age, I knew what I wanted and I knew what I was and was not willing to compromise about...and when I dug my heels in, he didn't blink. I valued that, and soon we were an Item.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Law Enforcement News Powered by PoliceOne.com