Tuesday, April 16, 2013

The Shift

"Well, you just don't understand, you don't have kids."
There you go, genius, stating the obvious again. I don't, but I also have something called common sense. But let's forget that for a moment.
The above statement could have been said by Kate, or any one of the now-solidified Baby Club. 
As time went on it was getting harder and harder to stay linked to my once-ultimate crew. If I would suggest something---anything, really---I would get batted down hard and fast, and therefore I began keeping my mouth shut more often than this girl was accustomed to, and it began to cause an indescribable rift.
I was busy, they were busy, and I kept convincing myself that it was okay, because I knew that if and when I ever really needed Kate...that she would be there for me no matter what.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Law Enforcement News Powered by PoliceOne.com