Monday, June 17, 2013

Something Interesting

I have to confess that I've found something particularly interesting throughout this exercise of writing about this part of my life. For those of you who have been following along, you might have noticed that there have been very few comments posted since I started writing about this...in the past, I've usually had a fair amount of comments here and there, a smattering of opinion to say the least.
What's happening now is that I am getting a lot of private emails: women who feel the same way I have felt about certain things, women who have been urging me to carry on with this story, women who have been rooting for me to find my place on this journey...I can go on, but whenever someone emails me off-blog, I like to keep the correspondence private, as that's what the writer intended.
What I find interesting is this: that these same women feel compelled to email me instead of make public comments. It's as if they are both aware and afraid of the judgements that come from choosing a child-free lifestyle and/or not giving in to the child-centered society that we live in here in America.
I say all this to say that I am glad I had the courage to talk about this; to unveil my truth, and to know that there are other women out there that think like me. I will say that I have found some wonderful support here, and my only wish is that people in my "real life" would do the same.
As always...we shall see.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Law Enforcement News Powered by PoliceOne.com