Wednesday, July 24, 2013

The Ice Cream Dream


prgrsvimghttp://ts1.mm.bing.net/th?id=H.5020006070618349&w=98&h=108&c=8&pid=3.1&qlt=90Being almost nine months pregnant, I can tell you for sure that one of the BIG Pregnancy Lies is this: that we pregnant ladies eat everything we want, at all times, and cravings rule the day. I can't speak for everyone, but what I can tell you is that I have been super careful throughout my pregnancy. Perhaps it's just the part of me that's a Fitness Instructor, but I kept telling myself all along that if I went crazy, then I would just have to work that much harder to lose it in the end.
So this Summer has been filled with Low-Fat this and Frozen Yogurt that. Portions of ice cream here and little tastes there.
The other night when Roc was home, I finally turned to him and said, "You know what I want? I mean, I really, really want REAL ice cream! Like...a Friendly's Reese's Pieces Sundae or something like that...gooey, and overflowing. Will you take me?" I was borderline whining, to be sure, but it had suddenly occurred to me that I had yet to indulge in this manner.
"I'll take you. No problem. I hadn't offered because I know you've been a little crazy about the weight." His quick response told me that my cop seems to always know when his life is in danger.
We made a plan to go out last night and indulge.
Except, of course...he got called in.
UGH!
So I pretended with a Peanut Butter Froyo, which should be enough to tide me over until Thursday, our next attempt at sheer indulgence.
So wish me luck. I intend to lick the spoon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Law Enforcement News Powered by PoliceOne.com