Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Public Perception

As the latest ridiculous ruling came down from Judge Shira Scheindlin yesterday, there were masses of misguided people rejoicing in the streets of New York City and on Social Media.
Her ruling insists that the NYPD's Stop, Question, and Possibly Frisk Policy is discriminatory and therefore unconstitutional.
And although I am not a big fan of Mayor Bloomberg, I think he says it best right here:

"This is a dangerous decision made by a judge who I think does not understand how policing works and what is compliant with the U.S. Constitution as determined by the Supreme Court," Bloomberg said. "I worry for my kids, and I worry for your kids. I worry for you and I worry for me. Crime can come back any time the criminals think they can get away with things. We just cannot let that happen."

I've written on this subject several times, and frankly, I'm tiring of it. Let the Inmates run the Asylum...and then we'll see how public perception shifts, and how in hindsight, maybe being proactive rather than reactive wasn't such a bad idea after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Law Enforcement News Powered by PoliceOne.com