Saturday, March 28, 2015

Lillo Brancato, Jr and his Second Act

This is an interesting man-on-the-street interview with the actor Lillo Brancato, Jr...known in police circles as the man who killed off-duty Police Officer Daniel Enchautegui. In a botched Bronx robbery, one of New York's Finest was killed as he tried to thwart the burglary of a neighbor's home.

 https://youtu.be/uW63zqSOXJc



Some of you might recognize Brancato: his larger roles consist of being in A Bronx Tale and The Sopranos.
His other role consisted of him becoming a drug addict, and in the course of those decisions, taking the life of another man.
When news broke this week of his being hired in a new film, the NYPD Family was understandably upset. Where was the fairness in this? How come he got another chance? Daniel would never get that. Officer Enchautegui died at the age of 28, after only three years on the force.
It speaks to his character that he even tried to do the right thing, while off-duty, in order to serve his fellow man. This week, PBA President Pat Lynch called for a boycott of Brancato's film.
The head of the city’s police union is calling for a boycott of an upcoming flick that includes actor Lillo Brancato, who did prison time for his role in an infamous Bronx cop-killing.

According to the New York Post:
“We will never be able to forgive and forget the role that junkie Lilo [sic] Brancato played in the death of hero Police Officer Daniel Enchautegui,’’ PBA President Pat Lynch seethed in a statement Tuesday — after The Post exclusively revealed that the actor had landed his first movie role since being released from prison.
“To that end, we ask all right-thinking people not to support this thug’s acting career by avoiding this movie and any project in which he is involved,” Lynch said.
The movie, a boxing epic called “Back in the Day,’’ is due out next spring.
Read full article here: http://nypost.com/2015/03/24/nypd-union-leader-wants-boycott-of-upcoming-brancato-movie/

My thoughts? My thoughts are numerous. I hate drug addicts. I hate drugs. I hate the idea of this young Officer being killed...I hate injustice...I hate the idea of so many actors I know---really talented actors---not getting much-deserved offers when someone who squandered their talent, and their life, gets a shot at Act Two.
But I am not God; I can make sweeping pronouncements and judgements all day long...but in the end, God will see the unseen. Only God knows the heart.
That said, I will not be seeing this film. I feel as if it's the very least I can do in honor of a good man:
Officer Daniel Enchautegui.

2 comments:

  1. I'm completely shocked and dismayed that this junkie pile of trash is being allowed to continue his pathetic career. Im afraid that what he's done by murdering this hero officer has given him publicity where he probably would have faded into obscurity had it not been for his crimes. Its sad that this clearly bad publicity is giving him a hope at establishing himself again as an actor. Look to the actors who worked with him in A Bronx Tale... No one wants anything to do with him because they already know he's trash. I'm even more angry he's blaming his disgusting behavior on drugs... I'm sorry but being a drug addict is one thing but being a murderer is a whole different thing. I've seen drug use destroy a couple people in my family and none of those junkies went out and hurt innocent people.... They were happy enough just hurting themselves!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Drea1983...Believe me, I have very little sympathy for people who abuse drugs...I can go so far as to say I hate drug addicts. The best we can do is "vote with our dollars" ---which means to not support this film in any way.

    ReplyDelete

 
Law Enforcement News Powered by PoliceOne.com