Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Back on Track

Finally, the guy called Roc back, and they had a long heart-to-heart about him going back into the Academy. Actually, it probably wasn't that long of a talk, but it was enough, and the plan began to take shape. He was going to start again in July.

"How do you feel?" I asked him once his plan was set.

"Okay. I feel good. A little nervous," he admitted. He sat his parents down and told them about the new plan. I wasn't there when he spoke to them, but he said it went well.

Then he asked me to start training him again. He was worried about getting over the wall.

In the meantime, I had a desire growing inside of me: I wanted to get a dog. I had wanted a dog my whole life, but I had parents that were allergic, pains in the asses, and a situation at home that was not conducive to my owning a dog. I had been mentioning this to Roc for several years, but it was never the right time. I was finally at a point in my life when I was making my own schedule, so I thought that perhaps it was the right time to get a dog. Plus, I could read the writing on the wall...in the very near future, I was going to be alone...a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Law Enforcement News Powered by PoliceOne.com