Friday, January 21, 2011

Another Change

The only constant with the NYPD is change.
And this was just another change coming down the pike. Although it was a good one, there were still adjustments to be made.

There would be no more Friday dinners, but we realized that breakfast together would be possible most days, so I started stocking up on cereal and fruit.

Because I'm a night person, I also felt that I might be able to stay awake until Roc got home, and most nights I'm able to make it.

Ivan was a happier guy to work with, and if you asked any cop anywhere, a happy partner is a good partner.

So things were looking up. But just like anything else: the new schedule came with its own set of problems.

--------------------------------------------------

I watched a few minutes of footage from the New Jersey Police Officer's Funeral last night; I was proud to see over 10,000 officers there honoring their fallen brother. The NYPD was well represented and I would be lying if I didn't say that I had tears in my eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Law Enforcement News Powered by PoliceOne.com