Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Happy Passover


I would like to wish a Happy Passover to all my Jewish brothers and sisters worldwide. Living here in the NYC area, Passover is a BIG Holiday, and if you tend to forget when it's celebrated, all you have to do is look at the mass exodus (pun intended) of people trying to leave NYC before sundown last night...and you will swiftly be reminded that not every person on Earth is eagerly awaiting the arrival of the Easter Bunny.

Of course, you can also be like me and wonder if the incredible train delays on the Long Island Rail Road System last night had something a little bit more to do with the Holidays than the media wanted to let the public know about...I find it strange that there was certain "unexplained emergency track work" needing to be done at the height of the Passover rush yesterday in NYC...FBI, anyone? Conspiracy theorists? Anyone want to just jump in here and tell me what an absolute panic I am...?

Perhaps I am a realist. Perhaps I just hate the idea that, even in a country as free as ours, there are people who would wish to ruin your holiday, just because it's yours.

1 comment:

  1. One of the officers on my shift is Jewish. I authorized him to come in 4 hours late for night shift so he could celebrate Passover with his family. The flip-side of the deal, though, was he brought me leftovers :)

    ReplyDelete

 
Law Enforcement News Powered by PoliceOne.com