Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Dramatics as an English Course

Time moved on, and things at home got increasingly worse. The initial dread that I felt around this person began to prove my instincts correct and were backed up by miserable incidents all around. I suffered throughout high school, but like most kids growing up in abusive situations, I hid it well. I was the life of the party and the funniest girl in town; I wanted to laugh, and forget.
By Senior Year in High School, I had almost forgotten about the desire to be on the stage; to act, or dance, or sing. My life at that point was more about survival than anything else. But there was good news, right at the start of the school year: as Seniors, we were allowed to take electives for our English Courses. As every guy from every sports team piled into the Sports Writing class, I perused my options and felt my heart light up when I saw this:
Dramatics as an English Course: Drama One
Well, I might not have known what that was, but for some strange reason, I knew it had my name written all over it! I signed up right away, and I got the class! WOO-HOO! I was so terribly excited. Now I could do something---maybe write a story---and I didn't need to worry about an extra time commitment.
I was all set, rip-roaring, and ready to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Law Enforcement News Powered by PoliceOne.com