Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Just a Dog

I am a dog. I like people, and I really liked my owners...they kept me warm and dry and fed, and even though they weren't home a lot, I was happy to see them when they came home to me. They seemed really nice when they helped me to give birth to my puppies, too...but then they tied me to a pole outside, and they just left me there. I don't know what I did or why they did that to me. I just wanted to take care of my pups. When the cop came up to me last night and began talking nice to me, I thought maybe I was going to be going back to my pups...but I wasn't sure...and he seemed really nice, but so did they...I didn't mean to snarl at him, or growl. I could tell he had a puppy at home, I could smell it all over him...so I wanted to trust him, but I was scared. I totally understand why he called ESU. When ESU arrived, they said something about the poor pit bull, and I think they were talking about me. I let them put me in a crate and then we went to my new home at the ASPCA. That same cop followed me there and stayed a while to talk with the new guy who gave me food. I was really hungry and thirsty, so I wasn't paying a whole lot of attention, but...I think the new guy said something about people breeding me right before Christmas so that they could make some money off my pups. I wondered where my puppies went, but eventually I just curled up to sleep, because I had been outside for a long time and I was really tired. Eventually, the cop came back over to me. I let him pet me and whisper in my ear. He seemed like the kind of guy I wouldn't mind going home with, and I thought his puppy must be really lucky. But what do I know? I'm just a dog.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Law Enforcement News Powered by PoliceOne.com