Friday, December 9, 2011

Highs and Lows

Today I'm addressing the highs and lows in the media. Over the past twenty-four hours, we have seen a Police Officer killed at Virginia Tech. My heart bleeds for his family; once again here's a guy, just doing his job...ambushed in the line of duty. Although it is never a good time to lose someone we love, I think it's especially hard around the holidays, and I hated hearing about this on the news last night. It was a total "low," and I will be saying prayers today for his loved ones who are left behind.

Rest in Peace Officer Deriek W. Crouse.

In the "high" department: I just found out about a blog that features video reunions of Service Men and Women returning home to their loved ones. If you're like me, any time the news media highlights one of these stories, I break out the Kleenex and let it pour...something about the initial hug, kiss, clutch...grabs my heart in a way that nothing else can. A guy with a vision thought to centralize a bunch of reunions by posting these videos in one spot. Check it out at:

http://welcomehomeblog.com/

...just remember the tissues!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Law Enforcement News Powered by PoliceOne.com