Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Hustle and Bustle


We all do it...get caught up in the hustle and bustle of the Holiday Season...we say, "This year it's going to be different," but, more likely than not, we find ourselves rushing around, baking cookies while presents are being wrapped, the doorbell rings, a friend calls, and the next thing you know: Chaos!
I often find my peace in music. This time of year, I am known to break out the Christmas tunes the moment we wrap the Thanksgiving leftovers...and play them nonstop from then until the New Year breaks. Some secular, some religious, some a little bit of both. One particular favorite of mine is House Full of Love by Michael McDonald. It's a little-known Christmas song that goes a little something like this:
Let everybody else rush around, fight the crowds
Only to ask themselves why
All I need is just some mistletoe, you and I
Baby, I'm satisfied right here in your arms...

I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm happy to have a House Full of Love this Christmas Season. So what's your favorite Christmas or Holiday song? What speaks to your heart this year? And what about your Cop?

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Law Enforcement News Powered by PoliceOne.com