Tuesday, September 11, 2012

That Day

9/11 Memorial Lights NYC
That Day
rests firmly
in my memory
lodged there
called up now and again
as the sights and the sounds
of My City
speak to me
walking across Midtown
the sirens wail
the Midtown Mob
bearing down
trying to get through the throngs
of tourists, and natives, like me
I want to scream
GET OUT! MOVE!
MOVE!
GO!
LET THEM THROUGH!
But the flashback is only in my head
and I can't believe as I look around
that
no one else
is feeling
what I am
and that no one else's heart still breaks when she walks past the Firehouse every Tuesday on her way to acting class, and on the way back, when she meets the NYPD Officers all over the scene: CRV, for those in the know and I know that I am quite possibly the only one left...
that is still rolled up in the memory of
that day.

-------------------------------------
Photo license: All Rights Reserved
By DiGitALGoLD


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Law Enforcement News Powered by PoliceOne.com