Thursday, October 18, 2012

Thank You, FBI

There are so many agencies keeping us safe in the United States that I could use an entire alphabet trying to name them all, but let's start today by thanking the FBI for thwarting what could have been an awful terrorist (redundant, I know) attack on New York City late yesterday.
The Feds arrested a Bangladeshi National for allegedly plotting to blow up the Federal Reserve Bank in lower Manhattan yesterday. For those of you not from NYC or the surrounding areas, that's not far from Ground Zero. It drives home for me the point that we are a target, if not the number one target in the world. It makes me sad and it makes me angry. Thankfully, this idiot was "masterminding" with some undercover FBI agents, and once again, my City is safe.
That's not to say that we should be lulled into complacency.
Or that we should give this fool any more air time. Last night the local news kicked off the broadcast with a "who is he?" question to the audience. People may not agree, but I say: who cares?
He's an enemy of the State. He's a terrorist. Obviously not on the side of Good. I don't care how he got that way, I just want him caught and punished accordingly. I want my Law Enforcement (both local and Federal) always kept safe. Is that too much to ask?

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Law Enforcement News Powered by PoliceOne.com