Friday, February 1, 2013

RIP NYC Mayor Ed Koch

"He was fiercely proud of his Jewish faith. He fiercely defended the City of New York, and he fiercely loved its people. Above all, he loved his country, the United States of America, in whose armed forces he served in World War II."

The above is an excerpt from a Fox News Article that I stumbled upon this morning as I was perusing the various stories about our Iconic New York City Mayor, Ed Koch. Being a kid who grew up in the Seventies, Ed Koch was the Mayor of the City for almost all of my growing up years. He was feisty, and funny, and although I remember my family not always agreeing with everything he proposed, he was a true leader, and above all, an outspoken advocate of all things New York.

He also happened to be a long-time supporter of the NYPD. So today I tip my hat to Mayor Ed Koch, as another chapter closes in New York City history. Rest in Peace, Sir.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Law Enforcement News Powered by PoliceOne.com