Friday, February 8, 2013

Unique Concerns

I would hazard a guess and say that the majority of Americans who saw the News report yesterday about the ex-LAPD Officer who went nuts and killed three people---including one Police Officer---would probably shake their head, say something like, "What is this world coming to?" and then go on about their business.
We, as the significant others of Cops, have other concerns. Unique concerns that sometimes only another Cop's Wife can understand.
I got a phone call from a good friend yesterday who happens to be the wife of an LAPD Officer. In typical LA style, she called me from the Freeway on the way to work. She told me she was scared, but the truth is, she didn't have to say anything.
I get it.
It's not fair; the way we take on the actual worry of the world and sit home waiting anxiously for that text, that call, the news report that says they finally nabbed the bastard. It changes our day. It changes our breathing. You find yourself doing things to keep busy, keep your mind off of it, anything to not focus on the fact that the person you love is in a particular kind of danger.
Some of us (ahem) will eat a lot of cookies.
So I propose this today: let's lift up all those Cop's Wives on the West Coast who are a little extra worried right now about their honey coming home in one piece. We can send prayers, good energy, or maybe just be on the other end of the line to give a good listen. And let's hope they take this particular looney tune out soon...from where I stand, he doesn't need handcuffs.
----------------------------------------------------
Hey Northeasterners: BE SAFE OUT THERE. In fact, better yet: don't be out there! I know my hubby has to work, and there will be tons of Officers that need to be out in the approaching Blizzard, but let's do our part and stay off the roads, and pray for the lights to stay on.

This too shall pass.

2 comments:

  1. I heard the story right after my husband left for work last night, it makes me sick. My heart and prayers go out to all the West Coast LEOs and wives today...

    ReplyDelete
  2. It affects all of us...all the time.
    That's what's so wonderful and unique about the Cop-Wife Community...
    XO Stella

    ReplyDelete

 
Law Enforcement News Powered by PoliceOne.com