Monday, June 3, 2013

Trying

It's funny, because different people can define "trying" to get pregnant in different ways. As we decided to embark on this journey, I told very few trusted friends about our decision.
My idea of "trying" was no longer preventing. That's it.
Other people's ideas included everything from an ovulation predictor to standing on one leg, while praying to a fertility goddess, chanting something unintelligible, and at the same time chewing clove gum.
I wasn't interested.
I knew people that were struggling, really craving, and ultimately going to great lengths to have a child. I had respect for their journey, but it was not my own. I am much more of a fatalist.
Imagine my surprise when...nothing happened.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Law Enforcement News Powered by PoliceOne.com