Monday, July 15, 2013

A Conversation with God

About this time, I was having many conversations with God, and not all of them were what you might call polite. You can say it's because I'm a New Yorker, but sometimes I am brash and brazen when I talk, and that includes just about everyone.
What I said could quite possibly be considered a threat. Yes, I threatened the God of All the Universe. I told him flat-out that since he could supposedly do anything, that he was going to do one thing for me. That one thing was this: whenever I got the test results back, they were going to be crystal clear. No bullshit percentages. There was going to be no 1 in 9 chance of anything. That if this God that I believed in could move Heaven, Earth, cure illnesses...you get the picture...then surely he could find a way for me to know beyond shadow or doubt how to proceed.
I wanted a one in a million chance of something being wrong, some type of reassurance that I was supposed to move forward in this life-altering decision.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Law Enforcement News Powered by PoliceOne.com