Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Tests

When you're over 40, they do a virtual slew of tests in order to determine the health of the baby once you get pregnant; I can honestly say that at this point I was seeing the Doctor more than I was seeing my husband.
The first "big" test they do was the First Trimester Screening; this basically determines right away if you're going to have a child with an  irreversible illness.
Roc and I decided to wait and see what that test would bring before we made any real determinations. I had decided that I was not willing to bring a child into this world that would start out with a severe disability; I felt that there are enough problems in the world already, and why put a child at a grave disadvantage right from the start?
So we sat tight and we told no one. And we waited.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Law Enforcement News Powered by PoliceOne.com