Tuesday, July 9, 2013

The Doc Talk

When I went in to talk to the Doctor, she was kind enough to spend more than an hour with me discussing all my options. Although I had went back to talk to my Doctor, I was actually made to shift over to another Doctor in the practice as my Doc no longer did the OB part; she was older and although still practicing the GYN, she no longer wanted to be woken up in the middle of the night, which was understandable.
But...unsettling. Here I was, now a certifiable emotional wreck, having what ended up being a heart-to-heart talk with a nice Doctor who was virtually a stranger.
During the conversation, I explained to her my journey, and then asked her about all of my myriad of concerns. I was 41 years old. I felt like it was time to end this very personal journey, not start a new chapter in my life. I had real-life fears about having a healthy baby at my age; I had palpable fear that I'm sure was emanating from every pore. She was patient and matter-of-fact; in truth, quite possibly exactly what I needed. She gave me two different time lines: one if I chose to have the baby, another if I chose to terminate.
For those of you who have very strong opinions on this topic, I will refer you to my post Hear Me Out in February of this year. Please keep in mind that I am not interested in opening a political debate.
I'm just a Cop's Wife, telling her story.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Law Enforcement News Powered by PoliceOne.com