Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Bronx Cops

I think there's a special kind of camaraderie when you're in a difficult command; from what I have witnessed and overheard, Bronx cops are a breed of their own, and they stick together through thick and thin.
Believe me when I say that I am not disparaging other boroughs, for I feel that this theory holds true wherever you're on the mean streets...but I guess that's my point...whenever the locale is dangerous, the anger palpable, the situation desperate: those are the cops that don't have time for petty bullshit. Whether they like each other or not, if an Officer's in distress, they run, they speed, they do what they need to do in order to get to the scene...to aid their brother as fast as humanly possible.
I think it's safe to say that a small part of my husband misses being a Bronx Cop.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Law Enforcement News Powered by PoliceOne.com